Opportunity in Asia for U.S. and European Companies
As globalization continues to alter the economic landscape, Asia represents a significant growth opportunity for small companies in the United States and Europe. For these companies, success
lies in proactively leveraging Asia to reduce supply chain costs, improve operational efficiencies and
drive incremental revenues. Approximately 20 operating professionals in China and India support Baird Capital by helping portfolio companies capture the value potential in Asia.
Purpose and Philosophy
Portfolio Operations has two primary missions:
1. Due Diligence Support: Assists Baird Capital in identifying and evaluating new investment opportunities in U.S. and European companies that can benefit from executing an Asia strategy.
Revenue Growth Opportunities 2. Portfolio Strategy Execution: Supports existing Baird Capital portfolio companies with evaluating, developing and executing the appropriate Asia strategy.
- Support global customers moving into China and/or India
- Target emerging domestic Chinese and Indian customer bases
- Export from China and/or India to previously difficult-to-reach customers in Asia
- Source low-cost, high-quality components from China and/or India
- Establish lower-cost production bases or service delivery centers to target local customers, export to developed markets and expand global product mix
- Access large pools of low-cost, highly skilled labor in China and/or India
- Reduce supply chain costs by sourcing low cost products and services, and configuring an efficient supply chain to minimize logistical costs and mitigate supply chain risks
Platform and Value Add
Baird Capital creates value through Asia in three primary ways:
1. Proven Asian Operational Experience: Portfolio Operations principals have a combined 75 years of experience running successful businesses in Asia.
2. Network of Relationships: Portfolio Operations principals and advisory board have a broad network of government and industry relationships in the region. Baird has partnered with the Association of Asian American Investment Mangers (AAAIM) to share expertise within the Asian American investment and business communities.
3. On-the-Ground Support in Asia: Baird Capital has a team of over 20 operating professionals in China, operating out of offices in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Baird Capital also has dedicated on-the-ground resources in Bangalore, India.
If you are seeking investment capital and an experienced team to help your company take advantage of the opportunities in Asia, contact our team.
Robert W. Baird & Co. is proud
to sponsor the AAAIM